MENU

STATEN ISLAND MODEL COMPANY Thoroughbred Models WILL BE HAVING THERE LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRI @ ELEMEN

STATEN ISLAND MODEL COMPANY Thoroughbred Models WILL BE HAVING THERE LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRI @ ELEMEN
STATEN ISLAND MODEL COMPANY Thoroughbred Models WILL BE HAVING THERE LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRI @ ELEMEN

photo gallery

photo gallery
photo gallery

harpito.com twitter page

harpito.com twitter page
follow us on twitter

Monday, January 30, 2012

Drake says Common’s Beef Isn’t Hip Hop, It’s Publicity


drake-common-spoof-egotrip
(photoshop via EgoTrip’s video montage)
Let us quickly recap the season of Common vs. Drake Beef thus far:
Common dates Serena Williams. Drake dates Serena Williams. Common is down with Kanye. Drake is down with Young Money. Common spits subliminals at Drake on “Sweet.” Drake makes subliminal outburst onstage in Cali. Common admits to Drake subliminal disses on the song “Sweet”. Drake spits subliminal lyrics in “Stay Scheming.” Common disses Drake by name on “Stay Scheming” remake. Common tells interviewers the beef is just normal “hip hop competitiveness” and that he’s done….
But does Drake see this as just rap battling? Will there be a rebuttal? Nahright’s Nation (a liner-noted friend of Drake’s) got an exclusive comment from Drake on the set of “The Zone” video:
Nation: So people want to know: will you respond to Common?
Drake: No. Because despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a “hip hop moment” or a “battle for the sake of musical integrity”…it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album. More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn’t a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story.
Oh. Dang.
After the jump, Drake explains why he took a shot at Kobe’s wealthy ex-wife on “Stay Scheming”….

Screen shot 2012-01-30 at 4.33.58 PM
(never can get enough EgoTrip parody)
While everyone was analyzing Drake’s subliminals towards Common on Rick Ross’ song “Stay Schemin’”….the line that turned into a meme was about Kobe Bryant’s expensive split with his now ex-wife Vanessa.
Kobe ’bout to lose a hundred fifty M’s
Kobe, my n—a I hate it had to be him
Bitch, you wasn’t with me shooting in the gym
(Bitch, you wasn’t with me shooting in the gym)

Vanessa ended up with 75 M’s not 150, but she certainly earned more from her time as “good wife” than she ever would have….as a video extra which is what she was when she met Kobe. However…I’d say a more relevant rap line might be: “Bitch, I must have had a mild concussion when I refused legal counsel and the pleas from my family when I passed on a pre-nup….
Nation asked Drake about the line, and he chalked it up to….sucks to be you, won’t be me.
Nation: There’s a line from your “Stay Schemin” verse about Kobe’s soon to be ex-wife Vanessa that has gotten some negative attention. Can you speak to what you were trying to express with that line?
Drake: That line came from a conversation about being this young and making this much money and the fear of losing it all. I just used his potential situation to address my own life. I never intended to offend Vanessa or anyone else. That line had everything to do with me and what goes on in my head as a 25 year old man with this much income flowing in. Kobe is and always will be a friend and an icon to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment