MENU

STATEN ISLAND MODEL COMPANY Thoroughbred Models WILL BE HAVING THERE LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRI @ ELEMEN

STATEN ISLAND MODEL COMPANY Thoroughbred Models WILL BE HAVING THERE LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRI @ ELEMEN
STATEN ISLAND MODEL COMPANY Thoroughbred Models WILL BE HAVING THERE LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRI @ ELEMEN

photo gallery

photo gallery
photo gallery

harpito.com twitter page

harpito.com twitter page
follow us on twitter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Video: Nicki Minaj Talks Debut Album Plans

http://www.hiphopmusicdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/nicki-minaj-2.jpg.



Special shoutout to Hot 97’s Monse. At a Fabolous listening last year, the topic of female MCs came up, and EVERYBODY thought he was crazy for suggesting Nicki was the biggest female rapper out.
Eight months can change everything.
“I’ve gotten great feedback from artists I look up to and never thought I’d work with. They’re already in line to be on the project. But it’s like, ‘Do I want to put out a debut album with a thousand features on it or do I wanna finally showcase Nicki?’ I’m not worried about features at all because I’ve been blessed to come in the game and work with top-notch artists from the inception of my career.
I’m in the very beginning stage of the recording process of my album. I have songs that where I am now, they aren’t a great representation of me to where I’m at musically. I wanna start from scratch but I do have my single and it’ll be out. It’s gonna be ‘Massive Attack.’
With the album, just like with my mixtape, I never like to rush it. With the album, I think it’s more important that people get accustomed to seeing a female rapper again. Before I drop an album, people need to come out and see. People don’t even know what a female rapper does. We’re so not used to seeing it. It’s nonexistent in categories. We don’t get nominated. I need to work the people up to accepting a female rapper again and accepting my style and all of that — then the album will come. Honestly, I’d love to put an album out this year, but I don’t believe in rushing things either. We’ll see.”
via MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment